Chapter #3 - It's My Treasure
- Context --> My feelings toward you, I put in my singing...
-I'm pretty happy with this cover...the two boys with their backs turned...
-It's basically in the image of Matsuura Aya's "100-kai no KISS" ...which I like.
-In a large number of fanletters, I've gotten the question "are Takuto and Eichi-kun the same person!?" Nope, you're wrong, sorry.
-Did you all think that because of this drawing? They do have the same clothes on, I guess.
-I can't think of anything more to write here so I'll stick in a manga.
- Sorry about that
About Full Moon wo Sagashite
I've gotten letters from fans asking "Is this the last of those series that you've always wanted to write!?"
There's a difference.
Difference #1- I always wanted to use the title.
Difference #2- But this wasn't going to be the title of the last one. See, different!! The final one shall remain seated!!
- See, different!!
Reason #1- There's too much killing to put it in Ribon.
- well, if I asked if might be OK, but I don't have the confidence to draw it all. It's long.
Reason #2- I don't plan to draw anything outside of Ribon!!
Leaving that topic behind, let's talk about Full Moon!!
I came up with "Full Moon wo Sagashite" near the end of "Kyoko." At first it was just a normal idol motif... but sometime along the way it turned into this. (It's not like I only want to write fantasies)
- (But none of my stories or characters are realistic.)
- But I really want to write something normal
- Ever since I was writing "I-O-N!!"
- To be continued
About Full Moon wo Sagashite Continued.
Continuing from earlier, right when I was making my debut, I had never even though of writing a fantasy (for those who think I'm lying, believe me!)
- You believe me.
...My first editor, seeing how [swear word] I am with characters said "Add some kind of twist to the main characters." (Well, they might say that to everyone)
- The twist would be like a mermaid or princess or something.
They wouldn't okay the plot without it. (Not that it made that much of a difference to me.)
- The only time it did was the first time.
- It felt like I was being forced to write it. One time after that, to keep the material from running off into a fantasy, I ran away from fantasy and made the main character a rich girl.
- (If you want to know what series I'm talking about buy "Kanshakutama no Yoootsu" from Ribon Mascot Comics!)
That's a long introduction (sorry!). Basically, somewhere along the way fantasy became my trait.
- To be continued
- How did I waste one page on just the introduction!!