In the anime, Hazuki was a confident and caring girl. She wanted her and Aoi's child to be a girl and name her Mitsuki as she wanted a child who will shine forever just like the moon. She said it seems such a waste on the music box and wanted to give the song that the music box was playing a name. She named it "Eternal Snow" and that was how the song came to be. After that, the song became ROUTE: L's signature number and Hazuki and Aoi's feelings touched everyone's hearts.
Like Mitsuki, Hazuki was physically weak and often fell ill. She was also the splitting image of Mitsuki. Against the wishes of her mother, Fuzuki Koyama, Hazuki married the musician Aoi Koga. She ran away from home when she was pregnant with Mitsuki because her mother knew Hazuki's body was weak and Hazuki wouldn't survive giving birth to a child. In the anime, she made very few appearances. She was seen in flashbacks attending Aoi's concert and receiving the music box Mitsuki now has from Aoi. She was carrying a girl and agreed with Takuto that Mitsuki was a perfect name. She rarely appears in the manga, only in a couple of flashbacks.
In the manga, Hazuki died in a car accident right after Mitsuki's birth. In the anime, Hazuki died in childbirth because her body was too weak to withstand labor.
She is a spitting image of her daughter, that it even is painful for Fuzuki to look at her (Mitsuki).
Personality and traitsEdit
In one episode, Mitsuki asked Wakaoji-sensei what her parents were like. Wakaoji said that Mitsuki was a lot like her mom. Hazuki was said to try to help out whenever she could and had a very kind heart.
- Hazuki came up with the name of the song, "Eternal Snow".
- We're Both Half-Angels (Appears in flashback(s))
- Love and Loneliness (Mentioned only)
- The Forbidden Hide and Seek (Mentioned only)
- Not Even God Can Stop the Moon (Mentioned only)
- If the Little Mermaid Is You (Indirectly mentioned only)
- I Want You to Hear It! (First mentioned)
- Takuto and Mitsuki's Disagreement (Mentioned only)
- Meroko, All Alone (Appears in flashback(s))
- My Message (Appears in flashback(s))
- Grandma's Past (Appears in flashback(s))
- Izumi's Enticing Offer (Appears in vision(s))
- On the Night of the New Moon (Appears in flashback(s))
- I Just Can't Tell Him (Mentioned only)